Sunday 15 March 2015



PINCUSHION

I saw this pincushion in a tatting book and I just had to have it.
 
That was three years ago.

It's time to make this thing!

I already have the shuttle, thread and book,
"A New Twist on Tatting" by Catherine Austin.

Tatted the lace...hand-stitched scraps into a pincushion...filled it...attached lace...stuffed the whole thing into an old footed sugar bowl.

It's a personal interpretation of the inspiration and I like it!


While I was in a tatting mood, I made up more lace.
 
Then stitched it to a needlebook, newly made using 
the same fabric as the pincushion.
 
Hurray!
 
Now I have a pincushion and a needlebook (right on the pix below).
 
 
I had so much fun tatting and putting this whole thing together.
 
Oh, in case you're not familiar with tatting......  
 
 
That's all for now.
 
I'm off to tat more lace.
 
~Ema N~


Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.