Thursday 4 February 2016

 
QUILTY365 (Jan 2016)
 
This is how it looks after 63 days.
 
The whole cloth backing is slowly filling up.
 
It's less intimidating now.
 
Unlike early December when there was
just one lonely flower on the two-and-a-half yards of cloth.
 
 
 
Week Six
 
Week Seven
 
Tatting ~ I did get two new thread colours: orange and blue.
 
I'm tatting ahead of the applique flowers as it is so portable
and I make one up when I have a few minutes.
 
Week Eight
 
I bought a black fabric inkpad.
 
Inked the back of Mint and Turnera subulata leaves
and pressed them on to a piece of cloth.
 
 Ironed, rinsed and the imprint is still there, I hope permanently.

I like this: it captures a part of my daily environment on fabric.

 
 
Another thing that happened this week: tree trimming.

Good reminder at the start of the year:
  Prune the old to encourage new growth.

Not just physical things but also thoughts, habits.
 
Week Nine
 
One more look at the flowers so far:
 


~Ema N~

Linking up with QuiltyFolk, host of Quilty365.


Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.


6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous already! I love those leaf prints. And a new bike! That's a fun feeling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is growing more lovely with each passing week. What a beautiful and unique take on Quilty 365! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ema, these are gorgeous! I love the ctatting centers, and how each petal represents things that are going on in your life, and techniques you are trying. I also love your organization that you use to label the photographs to show where you are in the process and share what each petal means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love this version.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely alternative design!!
    Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this looks and it's fun to read your superimposed comments too. Hope you are enjoying your new bike.

    ReplyDelete