Saturday 23 May 2015


 
FOOD ~ PAPADAM
 
Q asked if I made the papadam in this post about the vegetable curry.
 
No, I used packaged ones from the supermarket.
 
The small pack is fifty cents and has 20 papadams.
 
The medium size is a dollar.
 
 
I put one papadam into a Japanese grill thing (top right),
 hold it over the gas flame, flip the grill so both sides of the papadam are “cooked”.
 
At first, it looks like nothing is happening
 then it starts to "balloon" and before you know it, it's done.
 
The first few will get burnt till you get the hang of it.
 
I find packaged papadam salty.
So I don't add salt when cooking the curry.
 
And I limit myself to only two small ones or one medium.

Oh, there are different "flavours" of papadam.
Some are made with cumin seeds, others with pepper etc
the range is bewildering.

I just try different ones each time.
 
~Ema N~


Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.