Tuesday 9 June 2015

 
ENGLISH PAPER PIECED TORTOISE
 
Please meet Ms Pearl, my new animal friend.
 
Can you see what she is reading?
 
It's the dictionary entry for "Slow".
 
Yes, she's my visual reminder to.....
 
.....slow down
 
.....breathe
 
.....smile.
 
 
I just had to add two felt flowers as her accessories.
 
So Frida Kahlo-esque.
 
The flowers are from the needle holder in my sewing box.
 
You might have noticed them in the first slow sewing post here.
 
Ms Pearl's shell is made by English Paper Piecing (EPP) scraps together.
 
Limbs, head and tail were machine-sewn, stuffed with polyfil.
 
Shell and base were hand-stitched together, body stuffed with scraps.
 
The pattern came from Cath Kidston's "Sewing Book".
 

Ms Pearl won't be a pincushion, though.
 
I cannot bear to stick pins into her :-)
 
She will be on my bedside table, where I have a spot for favourite things,
stuff that makes me happy when I see them in the morning and before I go to bed.
 
I leave you with another look at this stylish lady.
 

Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday.

Scraptastic Tuesday
 
~Ema N~
 
Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission

7 comments:

  1. She's lovely. Especially with that smile. 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, glad I added on that smile in red...a lady needs lipstick at all times!

      Delete
  2. Ms pearl is definitely too much of a lady to be stuck with pins. I love her flowers too, looks like a fascinator perched on her head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Pearl and her floral fascinator is going to a new home soon. My sister really likes her and promised to take good care of this little lady, so I'm happy to let her have Ms Pearl.

      Delete
  3. I love Ms. Pearl and the flowers on her head, just too cute.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks very genteel! Bound to bring a bit of class wherever she goes....Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete