Friday 18 September 2015

PATCHWORK PURSES

Recently, a friend asked me to make
a patchwork purse for her birthday.

I was pleasantly surprised!

She had said before that
patchwork is too old fashioned for her  :-)
 
 
This friend and I often get together to bake and have tea.
 
So I fussy cut the lining to reflect our friendship!
 
  
Fabric used was a sweet combination of
gingham, dots, stripes and floral fabrics.

Added the ribbon tab as music is an important part of her life

The recessed zip and bias binding were hand-sewn.

I prefer the look of recessed zips --- it's neater.
 
On the practical side, the sharp end of the zipper pull is hidden
and less likely to scratch other stuff in the bag.
 
(Yes, that's how my mobile phone got its scratches.)
 
Hand-quilted.
 
The larger purse is 16 x 13.5cm, the smaller is 10.5 x 9cm.
Both have a 1cm gusset.
 
 
These purses and this pretty pendant I made were gifted yesterday.
 
Read about the pendant here
 

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts' Finish It Up Friday.

~Ema N~
 
 
Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.

2 comments: