Wednesday 16 September 2015



PRETTY PENDANT
 
“Wilderness” ~ there's a pretty side to it where flowers thrive.
 
That's what I hope to reflect in this pendant.
 
It was not made using a pattern.
 
I was guided by a picture in my mind ~ a trailing strand of leaves, flowers.
 
So this is a spontaneous make :-)
 
 
The key material here is the thin wire.
 
It's easy to thread beads onto it and
manually twist them into shape eg green beads to form leaves.
 
Also the thin wire can be manipulated eg a leaf moved behind a flower
so each element can be positioned to give dimension to the whole piece. 
 
Finally, the whole strand is shaped into gentle curves.
 
It's finished by adding a jump ring to the top leaf,
and threading through a black cord.
 

Gifted to a friend on her birthday!
 
I just realised it looks Christmas-y with the red/green beads.
It's not intentional.
I wonder if any of my friends would like
this pendant as an Xmas present!
 
~Ema N~

***
What I made for recent Le Challenges
epp star necklace: "Direction"
love token earrings: "Single"
 flower brooch : "Wood"

***
 See what others created for Le Challenge's "Wilderness" theme!
 
Linking up with

Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! A lovely interpretation of the theme. I adore wild flowers! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! thanks for sharing on le challenge

    ReplyDelete