Wednesday 14 October 2015


GOLD!

Here's my thought process for this month's theme:

Gold --- Gold Medal --- Sports

So I used marathon race bibs to make a pouch.
 
You know, those rectangular pieces with numbers 
that runners pin on their t-shirts.

These bibs are from a colleague who runs full and half marathons,
some times competitively, other times for fun.

I made the pouch the usual way.
Sewing seams with right sides together then turning them out.

Well, this plastic-whatever race bib material creased terribly
and the colour flaked off in places when I turned them right side out.
 
Both sides of race bib pouch.

In desperation, I ironed it on a low temperature setting with a press cloth.
 
That flattened the creases, but they are still there and
I fear they are permanent.

But my colleague liked this “distressed” look.

Phew!!!
 
 
See the pic above? Notice the two new bibs from my colleague.

She wants another pouch!

~Ema N~


Linking up with



See what others created for Le Challenge's "Gold" theme!

 
Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission

3 comments:

  1. That is so clever!! A great way to repurpose those bibs and a fun way to interpret the theme! It looks fabulous, not surprised you need to make another one! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun interpretation ! And s fun pouch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea - fantastico!

    ReplyDelete