Sunday 26 April 2015

 
 
AN EVENING WALK

The park is at its best after a rainstorm, I think.
 
It is more alive.
 
Sounds of water, bird and insect calls are clearer.
Colours are cleaner, sharper.
The earthy smell of the soil, grass and rotting leaves is more intense.
 
Best of all is the glistening of raindrops on lotus leaves, like diamonds sparkling.
 
I'll show you another time.
 
It was too slippery to get to the other side for such a shot.

This picture of the lotus is my "pix of the day".
 
I like its view from the "back".

It shows the bruised, bug-eaten leaves better than
the conventional "front" angle .
 
I like the content.

Beauty and decay.

That's life.
 


There are more squirrels these days. 
 
They bounce across paths and up trees,
spring from one branch to another.

But what I really want you to see
are the button-like leaves on the lower right.

It's the Dragon's Scale Fern :-) :-) :-)
 
 Pyrrosia piloselloides.

It's a drought-tolerant epiphyte.

Climbs up trees like this one.



 Spotted these mushrooms in the field.
 
I've never seen this type before.
 
Any mushroom expert out there who knows what species this is?
 
 
I call it the muffin mushroom.
 
Doesn't it look like one? (lower left pix).
 
The older mushroom has a crinkled top, looks like a brain.
 
A brainy muffin mushroom.
 
 
I always have a bag to hold fallen bark, leaves and
whatever else that catch my eye when I'm out and about.
 
I like the textures, the colours of these.
 

That's my evening walk in the park today.

 :-)
 
~Ema N~


Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.