Sunday 12 April 2015

 
TINY PATCHWORK
 
This is the tiniest patchwork quilt I've ever made.

Each block is 1cm by 1.5cm.
 
The patchwork may be Liliputian but it took the whole day to finish.
 
Spent some time fussing over the combination of fabric, as always :-).
 
And this is hand-sewn. It was fiddly.
 
I told myself the crooked patchwork created the cosy, homely feel
I wanted in this piece of work.
 
Ha ha.
 

The girl, pillow and bed were embroidered.
There wasn't much to do but it ate up the hours.
 
I had to take frequent breaks.
My eyes were strained from sewing this on a grey day
with a lot of rain and little light.
 
This work was inspired by a book, 
whose title I translate as “Cute Little Embroidery”.
 
Left: Embroidery in the book
Right: Book cover, ISBN: 978-986-6348-73-0

As you can see from above pix, the author meant
the whole thing to be embroidered.

But I just fancied doing a teeny, tiny, little patchwork quilt instead.
 
What am I going to do with this piece? I don't know.
 
I do think it's cute so it'll go into safekeeping.
 
Maybe use it in the patchwork quilt I want to make for myself one day.
 
~Ema N~ 


Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment