Sunday 5 April 2015


KNIT: MITTS

I knitted a pair of mitts.

It'll be a gift to a colleague, whose office is very cold.

I worked out of that office for a week recently.
 I shivered and shook through all five days.
 
The ones who are there daily have adapted and
wore light jackets with sleeves rolled up!

One slipped on a pair of fingerless mitts only on
the COLD morning we started work at 5am.

It was store bought, made with acrylic yarn.

I told her I'd knit her a woollen pair.

I'm happy to do this.
Firstly, because she will use it.
Secondly, this will reduce the stash.
 
The yarn is 100% superwash merino wool, 8 ply.
 
“Runrig Muffatees”,  http://www.anniecholewa.com/p/atelier.html.
 
The pattern is “Runrig Muffatees” from  http://www.anniecholewa.com/p/atelier.html.

It's free (thank you!).

I used a thicker yarn than recommended.

Cast-on 41 stitches, 4mm needles.

It took just under 100 grams of yarn to knit up this pair of mitts.

A quick knit, too (for me),....eight hours.
 
It's a lovely pattern. The picot edging is an elegant detail.
 

I enjoyed knitting this.

It will be passed on to my colleague later this week.

Hope she'll like it.

~Ema N~


Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.