Wednesday 16 December 2015



SCRAPPY X'MAS TREES
 
 A friend and I agreed to exchange hand-made Christmas cards
 instead of e-greeting cards.

We found blank postcards and decided to use them.
 
 I filled the blank space on the postcard with x'mas trees
 using scrap fabric and double-sided tape.
 

 Paste the tape on the back of the fabric.
 
Then cut out triangle shapes,
remove the tape backing and stick them on the postcard.
Stripe fabric work as trunks and
a rummage through the scrap bin yielded a few stars.

(As I type this, I realised stars fit in with the "Space" theme too.)
 
This was fast – and fun - to make!

I think this would be a great craft project with kids.

 
 

~Ema N~
 
Linking with up Le Challenge, where the theme this month is “Space”.


Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission


 

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea and family fun! It turned out really pretty and it is a wonderful thing for your friend to keep and set out as a little decoration year after year. I keep things like this and do it myself, my friend of almost 30 years laughs at me (but told me once how fun it was to see things we made together all those years ago come out at Christmas) brings back happy memories! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I can do with the family. The six year old has a love of all things sellotaped so it's bound to be a hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one I can do with the family. The six year old has a love of all things sellotaped so it's bound to be a hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so simple but so very effective. A lovely idea to swap handmade cards with friends that appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright Gingham fabrics, this is a sweet project!

    ReplyDelete