Monday 28 December 2015

 
 
TATTING: CHRISTMAS
 
I tatted this for a friend as a Christmas gift.
 
This pattern* is my favourite for bookmark crosses.

I like that it's lacy but not overly so.

Even the men like it when tatted in hunter green or Prussian blue.

~~~

A modification: I joined the picots.

This way, the cross holds together better.

It tends to flop around when picots are not joined.

This is how it looks without joins.

Thread: DMC Cebelia #30

Read about this cross here.

It's more delicate than the red one as I used finer thread.

I like both crosses ~ this pattern works, the thread just expresses different moods.

This one, fragile and the red one, strong.


 
*Pattern is from "The Complete Book of Tatting" by Rebecca Jones.

~Ema N~
 
 
Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission..